Harmonia Village is one of ten European partners developing innovative ways of caring for people living with dementia.
We are part of CASCADE - Community Areas of Sustainable Care and Dementia Excellence in Europe – which promotes a holistic, person-centred approach for people living with dementia to help people living independently for longer with a better quality of life.
The CASCADE model is based on five fundamentals:
- Focusing on individual abilities and what the person ‘wants’ to do
- Personalised holistic care
- Living life to the fullest
- Positive public perception
- Safe environment for independent living
The programme has supported the development of new facilities for the elderly and for people living with dementia, including Harmonia Village and Harmony House, a guest house with care in Gillingham, Kent.
Cascade is funded by the EU Interreg 2 Seas programme and co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.